Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kyle's 1 week birthday update!

Today Kyle is a whole week old - it's hard to believe that just one week ago I was tied to a hospital bed with weird socks pumping the circulation around my legs and trying my hardest to keep a piece of white toast inside my stomach. I think the weirdest part of a c-section is the immediate recovery period, where you are basically incapacitated and reliant on strangers, who are witnessing you in your most undignified state!

Since we brought him home on Sunday we've been to the pediatrician, where he passed with flying colors, having already gained 2.5 oz since being discharged, taken him for his first Olive Garden lunch and picked up his birth certificate.

He's still breastfeeding well, and is doing a great job of holding his head up for a few seconds here and there. He's even got the beginnings of a roll going when he lays on his playmat!

Here he is enjoying his first bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment